Saturday, October 17, 2009

For Today 17th October 2009

Found this on The Simple Women's Daybook, great idea and reminds me to be aware of the simple things and how blessed I really am.



Outside my window... A starlite sky, looks like a black satin sheet with fairy lights stuck in it. So incredibly beautiful, the stars go on forever. Psalm 147:4 He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.



I am thinking... About the BBQ we are having with some of our friends tomorrow, and how nice it will be to sit back and just hang out with friends.



I am thankful for... This house, the fact that we have the best landlords that have a tendency to forget that we are renting off them.



From the kitchen... Honey & Sesame chicken, new recipe and it certainly went down well. Defiantly think that it will become apart of a normal dinner routine. Also made a batch of chocolate chip cookies (yummy!)



I am wearing... My favourite clothes, PJ's! I love to be comfortable, and the most comfortable thing to wear is defiantly my PJ's. Stay in them all day if it wouldn't look alittle strange.



I am creating... An album about our holiday to Cairns this year, also planning some monogram artwork for our bedroom wall.



I am going... Around in circles, which is how I have been feeling lately. I have been unemployed for about a month now and I do feel alittle lost.



I am reading... The bible, one thing that I am glad about being unemployed about I have really been able to sit down and read the bible and do a daily devotion. Though I have been feeling alittle lost getting into God's Word has really kept me from spinning out of control.



I am hoping... For a job to come along before Christmas.



I am hearing... Taggart, a TV show about a Scottish Detective. We love British crime drama, though I have watched so many crime dramas that usually I can guess what is going to happen before it happens.



Around the house... Things seem bigger, I have been doing alot of cleaning and reorganised of late. Being that our house doesn't have alot of built in storage (pretty much none) reorganising has to happen alot.



One of my favorite things... Our pet bird Curio, brings so much joy to my life. He spent most of the day today outside in his cage with me singing to all the other birds.



A few plans for the rest of the week: Build a veggie patch in the backyard to replace the old one that has been shaded out by our neighbours trees, and apply for more jobs.



Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


















Revelations 3:18 here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and open the door, I will come in and eat with them, and they with me.

This picture comes from the Hubble telescope ( http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/entire/pr1992017a/), though it isn't on that I have taken. It is a picture that I have been feeling very inspired and bowled over by.

No comments:

Post a Comment