Wednesday, March 24, 2010

God's Megaphone (Word 4 U 2day, Wednesday 24th March)

Pain speaks volumes. Headaches tell us we need to lie in a dark room; backaches tell us we need to lift safely; stomach-aches tell us to step away from the Doritos. Yes, pain tells us somethings not right.

Pain captures our attention. It can be the same with our lives, sometimes pain is necessary for change. the pain of depression can lead us to seek help. the pain of loss can help us re-evaluate what matters most in life. The pain of emptiness can bring us back to God.

CS Lewis rote, 'Pain in God's megaphone'. Maybe, this year had been tough for you, life seems a bit pointless and you've been left wondering, 'Where is God in all of this?' The Bible says,'...don't be surprised at the fiery trial you are going through...Instead, be very glad - for these trial make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world.' (1 Peter 4:12 - 13 NLT) Pain is never easy! Actually, life isn't easy, but one thing we can count on is God hasn't just left us to it. God id on the job: 'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.' (Romans 8:28 NIV) Sometimes God has to use his megaphone to shout: 'This is the way; walk in it.' (Isaiah 30:21 NIV)

My daily devotional today really spoke volumes to me today. I have personally experienced alot of pain over the last few years and particularly in the last 6 months. Being without work has left me feeling lonely and quite empty. I really do feel that I have taken this time to refocus my relationship with God, I do feel the benefits and am extremely thankful. God has brought many things and people into my path to fill my life while I am on the search for work. I am so thankful for that.

Daily devotional is from Word 4 U 2day from UCB, www.word4u2day.com.au.

No comments:

Post a Comment