Sunday, July 25, 2010

Score!

On Friday I took myself to my favourite charity store to have a search around for some storage containers for our house and also some fabric that I can use to make items for my ETSY shop SuJoh.

No luck on the fabric hunt, so nice printed skirts and a really nice blue set of curtains, but nothing really grabbed me. I also found two really nice silk scarfs but couldn't think of what to do with them so left them where they were. Then right at the back of the store I spotted these....





Great condition, hardly any wear and no rust as far as I can tell. Fell in love! They cost me $3 each, which was all my budget that I had brought with me. The blue basket is alittle smaller than the black one I am planning on storing my veranda garden supplies in it on top of the fridge, and use it when I am picking fruit from our fruit tree down the backyard. Particularly good size for bringing up to the house a large amount of lemons which I use in cleaning around the house (a good substitute for bleach in most situations and no awful bleach smell!).

The larger black basket in currently in use in our lounge room, it is sitting in our TV unit we got from Ikea a few months back (click here). It holds the blankets that we use during those very cold nights when our heater just isn't enough (also love curling up under a blanket with a good book and a hot chocolate). I am just so happy with this find, totally useful and just what I had been looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment