Tuesday, February 22, 2011

First for me

If you are a regular reader of my blog then you will already know that me, my WH (wonderful husband) & little Sis are going to be going to New Zealand together on a skiing/campervaning holiday. And today the news broke that Christchurch was hit by another earthquake (they got hit last September as well), unlike the last earthquake where no one lost their lives & there really wasn't any major damage, many lives have already been confirmed dead & buildings have completely collapsed.

I have never been in a position where a place that we are planning on going on a holiday in having something like this happen. We are planning on spending the last night of our holiday in Christchurch (where the earthquake hit). The pictures that are coming through are just frightening & I will admit to tearing up watching people stagger around outside crumpled buildings.

My heart & prayers are going out to the people of New Zealand & specially Christchurch. I pray that those that are missing are found safe & sound, and that there aren't anymore after shocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment