Sunday, September 20, 2009

Refreshed & Recharged

Maybe not so refreshed.......We have just come back from a weekend camp with our churches Youth group & Young adults group down the coast in a beautiful hinterland location. It was a great event! Very challenging and confronting, alot was talked about not compartmentalising or individualising our faith as christians. For me persoanlly I have been trying to figure out what God's Plan for me is, where my path is leading me? Not sure if this weekend answered that question for me but my heart was tugged by ideas, I want to get back into some volunteer work, but I am trying to be realistic that I can't do any more volunteer work without having a job first to help pay for the travel associated with volunteer posistions.

Over the weekend I also attended a talk about sexual issues & the church, it was a rather confronting talk. Not sure where I stand, think I need to go over the notes we were given and really read and pray over the verses we were given. The one thing I know is that these issues are something that needs to be talk about with our Youth and Young adults. I did feel that this talk was something that I can keep in my mind when we are doing more Girls Only Events. Girls Only Events are definatly something that I want to keep going, that it is important for girls (of all ages for that matter) to know that they are loved as-they-are by our God the creator of the Universe, and that we (as girls) need to be confident in that knowledge and comfortable with who we are.

Personally I am comfortable with who I am, but I don't always do what I know is best for me. Sometimes just following other, going with the flow, is just easier. This was another typic that was covered over the weekend. The one bit that I really took away from this particular topic is that it is ok that I am married and don't have kids, that it is a pressure that is place upon women from within the church. Get married and then have kids. You can not make anyone else happy, people are always going to want something else from you. Girls you are fearfully and wonderfully made, just-as-you-are. You are loved by our father in heaven and he knows what is to come in your path, just trust him and obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment