Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's October

Might be kind of obvious but it's true. We have had a rather big weekend here in our house, well not all of it was in this house but anyway. Friday night was my husbands sisters birthday party so we went to my in-laws (which is where she still lives, with Dog and Highland Cow). One of the trees down the backyard was strung with fairy lights and a couch had been set up, it looked great. Might do that for my husbands birthday this year. The rest of the week was spent looking after our nephew, he stayed over Friday night & was suppose to stay over Saturday night but he was having alot of trouble breathing due to asthma so we called his parents and they took him home late Saturday night so he could have his asthma medication. Poor little boy.

Last month was a interesting month to say the very least......what with me losing my job and really having to look at my life and where God's plan was leading me. I always felt that that particular job wasn't going to be a career, there was no opportunity for advancement or growth of any kind, the position that I had was the position that I was always going to have. Also felt that there was a bit of opposition to my Christianity and my wanting to attend church on Sunday's as much as possible. I am still honestly much happier now than I was this time last month when I was working.

Still not much happening on the finding a job front, had one group interview and one telephone interview but no call backs out of either. But I have been consistently applying for jobs and I have faith that the job that God has for me is right around the corner.
A couple of days ago I decided to take some photos of things around the house that mean something to me

This is something we did at Girls group (girls only bible study), everyone wrote their name on the top of a piece of paper, then the pieces of paper were passed around and everyone wrote something positive & affirming about that person on their piece of paper. I absolutely love mine, I framed it and it sits next to my scrapbooking desk. I look at it when ever I need a lift.



I actually painted this, something that I have always wanted to do. I am the first to admit that I am not a very good painter. But I am still very proud of this effort. I love having artwork around the house that was created by people we know, fills the house with the love and effort that went into each artwork.

This is the first & easiest artwork I made for our house, out of total necessity. Our bedroom has a bad echo so I made this artwork to help absorb noise (and it looks great!). All it is is a square canvas and a piece of fabric, which I stapled onto the canvas and hung in our bedroom. Couldn't be easier.

A wonderful birthday present from my thoughtful husband, this canvas hangs above our bed (helping with the echo issue again). It hangs on an existing hook which is slightly off centre to the bed so I am planning on making three smaller canvas's with our initials and the date of our wedding. Also going to use this project ideas as something to do with the Girls group at church, I had a request for something 'arty'.

This next month is full of promise and opportunity can't wait to see what is to come.











No comments:

Post a Comment