Friday, October 9, 2009

Today it's Friday

End of another week, this week has been one of my busiest. This morning I was doing my daily devotion and it really hit home.

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart...' Deuteronomy 6:5

The devotional that cam along with this verse wasn't what you would expect associated with this verse, but it did speak to me alot. It talked about the different masks we put on for other people and different situations. And how we can't and shouldn't try to do that with God, that he knows us behind the mask, and that we should take the masks off and love the Lord with all your heart (Deut 6:5).

I defiantly know that I do this, or was doing this alot. Especially at work, I felt alot of pressure to be just like everyone else. Everyone was into (on pretending to be into) grooming and the way they looked and I was buying into it. I became obsessive about the way I was presenting at work, whether I had a hair out of place or a pimple. Everyone was into golf (which I do enjoy but only in a par 3 setting, which was looked down on) and my boss was into yoga and obsessively into 'healthy living'. None of that is me I shouldn't need to put on a mask to be accepted by others. I need to focus more on loving God and that attitude will shine through.

I get my devotions from UCB Word 4 U 2 day, it is a great devotional series for teenagers and young adults. You can get your copy on their website www.word4U2day.com.au (only available in Australia).

No comments:

Post a Comment