Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Easter in our household is more than just a long weekend and chocolate.....alot more. For us it is about celebrating the real meaning of Easter, the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross for our sins and then Him rising again 3 days later. Through this act Jesus Christ paved the way for a repairing of the broken relationship between us and God, and as I have been learning lately between us and creation as well.

We have a tradition to go to a Christian Music festival that is held every year at Easter time, EASTERFEST! OMG! It was so good.......good actually doesn't describe how I felt in the mosh pit screaming and jumping up and down to one of my favorite bands. This as been a tradition for a few years now, go to Toowoomba act like crazy people for three days and come home and sleep. Pretty much every year we discover bands that we have never heard before, I found one that I really like, Article one they have the coolest sound with a violin player who jumps around the stage like a madman! Though not really a particularly relaxing weekend away, it is certainly energising. Best thing is that I totally forgot about my job interviews or that I have been unemployed for 6 months, unfortunately now I am back to the real world. I hope and pray that this feeling of closeness to God lasts beyond Easterfest.

Check out the Easterfest website, they are already putting up stuff for next year. Sign up and you will get updates and will know when tickets go on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment