Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dipping into my stash

I have a sister-in-law who likes to travel, she has gone to Italy twice, traveled through the rest of Europe, England and late last year went to America, Argentina & Brazil. And she usually brings back something chocolate for me, I have chocolate pasta and quite a few packets of hot chocolate mix.

For ages I have just stored all these hot chocolates in our pantry. But not this year. I have been trying the international hot chocolates (someone has to do it).


Hot Chocolate with candy cane mixed in. To be honest sounded better than it tasted. Loved the smell, brings about memories of Christmas. After a read of the ingredients I found the reason why I didn't like the taste, milk powder. According to the packet instructions you just have to add hot water, I don't like to add just hot water. Personally think that hot chocolate made from just water tastes watery and not too nice, also don't like the taste of milk powder so I thought that I would mask the taste of the milk powder with real milk. Nope....didn't work.





Overall not a great success (loved the packet graphic!), oh well.

I had a couple of packets of this hot chocolate, my WH (wonderful husband) made one a couple of winters ago but didn't read the instructions, which I will point of now are in Italian. So though it tasted great it wasn't any different from the hot chocolate mixture I buy at the store. This time I decided to try to figure of the instructions (how hard could it be?). Pretty hard. I could only figure out one instruction and that was the amount of milk that was needed 125 and I guessed it was ml.

So I poured the milk into the pan and when it was starting to warm up added the contents of the packets and gave it a good whisk. I left the pan for a few seconds to get something for my WH and when I returned, oh yum! The mixture had become all thick and smelled wonderful. I poured it into a soup cup and this is what I needed up with.



Thick, rich and oh so yummy. Had to be eaten with a spoon and I was so said when I had eaten it all. Yummy, yummy, yummy.

Can't wait to see if my sister-in-law goes overseas again and brings me back some more hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment