Saturday, December 4, 2010

December Daily Day 3



Writing Christmas letters was my Day 3. I'm not talking those annual letters that people send out, recanting the activities of the family for the last 12 months to people that you never see or hear from except for at Christmas. My Christmas letter is going to someone who I have never met & probably will not hear back from, the radio station that I listen to is organising for Christmas letters to be sent to every serving member of the Australian Defence force that will be overseas this Christmas, that's about 3,500 men & women who will not be spending Christmas with their own families.
I come from a serving family, my Grandfather(s) & Great Grandfather (s) were in the army, my Dad was in the Navy for 20 years & currently my brother is a AV tech (aviation technician) in the Airforce. The thought of spending Christmas without my Dad or my brother is something that I find hard to think of so I can imagine how hard it must be for those serving men & women who are facing Christmas away from home.
Letters all had to be hand written & I have to send mine to the radio station on Monday. On the 10th December all the letters they have been collecting will be sent off and delivered on Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment