Saturday, January 15, 2011

Courage & Other thing in 2011

My word for 2011 is Courage, this year I want to take that leap, do things I wouldn't normally do, live without excuses. Which is a great follow on from the word I choose last year Believe, which was all about believing in myself (my abilities, talents & passions) & in believing in God (that he knows what is best for me & on strenghtening my relationship with God).
I have been thinking about how to put in to actual practise the word Courage, I mean it's all well & good saying these words but they mean nothing if you don't do anything about them. Right? Right.
So here are my thoughts:
1) Stop dreaming & just do it
I am a dreamer, an imaginer & a planner. This year I am going to do the things that I dream about. There is no time like now.
2) De-clutter
I come from a family of hoarders, not anywhere near as bad as those people that you see on current affairs shows, but still clutter piles up in parts of our home very quickly. I am going to be courageous and throw out alot of the clutter & really organise the rest.
3) Speak up
I am a quite person, I don't like to make myself heard no matter how passionate I feel about an issue or situation. I have a great fear of speaking in public and by public I mean anywhere outside of my home & family circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment