Friday, February 18, 2011

Today was the day.....

It has still been raining here :-( but it has only been showers (very heavy showers at some points) so I have been able to get into the garden. Everything has needed to be fertilised, but with the rain my normal liquid seaweed fertiliser would be totally useless. So I have been using a slow release fertiliser. It has been a great success, particularly with the herbs that we grow on our back verandah.


But this morning I started weeding the last half of our main garden area. It is going to be a big task. I have to remove all the weeds, turn the soil over (removing any roots that I find), dig up & separate some plants that are going alittle crazy, replant those plants & mulch. I am very hesitant to begin, because if we get rain again that makes it difficult for me to get out into the garden then the weeds just take over again. But since we are coming to the end of summer & entering Autumn it is a slow growing season so it is my best bet for getting on top of our jungle before next spring.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment