Saturday, September 12, 2009

Keeping busy

Busy, busy, busy you are told to keep busy, keep your brain occupied and you won't be depressed or go crazy. I still replayed the moment over and over in my head for days, still do now. But I have been blessed with an event that I started to organise a couple of week before I got fired.

Girls only events, something we thought up to get the girls at church together who were going away to camp together (this weekend actually). We had a chocolate night last night, took alittle planning up it was worth it. This event was a welcome distraction, and maybe this is God telling me that this is what he wants me to do with my life. I do feel an affiliation with girls, and more so that just because I am a girl. I want the girls at church to know that they have someone that they can talk to, someone who has been there. Especially for the girls who are the oldest in their families, they I feel a special affiliation with afterall I am the oldest in my family. This event has been a great distraction, and I am really looking forward to doing something else.

Speaking of new paths, I have a job interview. 2IC position, with a sporting apparel store, alittle outside my personality but I do love being active. Thing is it's a group interview in the city, abit scary. When I got the email my first reaction was "no not for me", but moving forward does mean taking new chances, pushing myself and this is defiantly pushing myself. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment