Saturday, March 27, 2010

Longest birthday ever!

My birthday is in the beginning on February, but this year my birthday began in late January and has only finished today. My husband bought me a horse trail ride for my birthday, something I have always wanted to do, the trail ride happened while we were on a weekend get-a-way in a little country town called 'Grandchester' near Ipswich. My little brother bought me and my husband tickets for Movieworld on the Gold coast, and that is where we went today (my brother and sister came too).

We had a great day, my husband and brother went on the Superman ride (and loved it!), we all went on the Scooby Doo Spooky Coast, saw the Stunt Car show, the Shrek 4D movie, watched the All star parade, and my husband, me and my sister went on the Batman 2 ride. We all had a great time!

The only downside was lunch, you can no longer bring food into any of the theme parks on the Gold Coast, which does make it more expensive to go to a theme park. But in Movieworld the food they have on offer (that you have no choice but to buy) is to be frank awful. My husband had an Angus burger and after eating it felt sick enough that he had to stop going on any rides, I had 'chicken' which didn't look, smell or even taste like chicken and we paid alot of money for the food as well. Next time we will be bring fruit in with us so that we actually have something decent in our stomachs. The website said that you could bring in fruit, bottled water and any food for special dietary requirements, but my husband was concerned that we wouldn't be able to bring the fruit in inside a cooler so we left it in the car. BIG mistake. I don't think that I would necessarily mind so much that we can't bring our own food in if what was on offer was actually worth the money you paid for it.

Well that is my little rant for the week. Still waiting to hear the outcome from my job interview yesterday, I do feel that I did well and could really see myself working in the store and am ever so excited about the possibility of working in the scrapbooking industry. Best thing is that these lovely people who own the store have gone about things alot better then the last scrapbooking store I worked in. This store is in a great location and in highly visible with pink windows, they already have people anxiously waiting to get into the store and papers are ringing wanting them to put ad in. The best thing is that this store isn't the only form of income, and it is something they have been working towards for the last 10 years. I really don't want to get too excited about this job, I have been soooo very hurt before, emotionally. I am just trying to keep reminding myself that it is all apart of God's plan and if this is the path for me then it will happen, if not.....then it won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment