Yesterday I spent sometime carefully unpicking the stitches that held the old zip in place. Discovered that replacing the zip should be pretty straightforward (thankfully!).
Today after church I popped into Spotlight and bought a new zip, found they were having a 20% off store wide sale (score!). Then when I got home I inserted the new zip and sewed it all up. I found it easy enough to replace the zip, still not the greatest sewer in the world. Quite proud of myself.
WH was absolutely thrilled, wore the newly repaired jumper around for the rest of the evening. Feels very good to repair my WH's jumper, much better than throwing it away and wasting money on buying another one.
Someone couldn't leave me be at the table, loves to chew the pins (certainly not something I want him to be doing)