Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm back!

Bet ya didn't even know I was gone, me and WH (wonderful husband) decided on a whim to got to Toowoomba to see the Carnival of Flowers, it was a very last minute decision, went on Wednesday morning and decided to go mid way through Tuesday. I will post about what we did and the photo's we took later. Still have to go through all the photos we took!
It has been raining all week here so far, which is kinda sad since my WH is have holidays and I was hoping to get some heavy lifting done in the backyard with his help :-(

But before all the rain started I did manage to get some of my pots plants all planted ready for spring/summer YEAH!



I still want to re pot all of my pot plants but that is really going to have to wait till the rain clears, soon I hope!!!!


At the markets week before last I picked up a new basil plant and a chilli to the markets at the Big Pineapple in Woombye should check out this stall, 6 seedlings for $2! Oh yes for those who have never heard of the Big Pineapple, it just as it sounds a tourist attraction that has a giant pineapple.

I have also decided to have a go at growing sunflower seeds, here is my seeds planted out in some empty egg cartons, best free seed propagating trays. Looks good right........the next day I went out to water the seed and founds that the birds had gotten to them :-( I don't know if the birds got all the seeds, so I have moved the seeds so I can keep a better eye on them. Not holding out much hope.

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought of using egg cartons before! What a good idea!!

    ReplyDelete