Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tonight, tonight, it all happens tonight!

Queenslands big wet which we experienced at the end of last year & begining of this year. Put a huge dampener on a planned little holiday to the City. We had a great long weekend planned, tickets to Wicked the musical, going to the Art Gallery, Museum, Science Centre, Botanical Garden, etc.... Everything went underwater :-(

After weeks of waiting we finally hear from QPAC (where Wicked is being staged) & got our tickets rescheduled.....for tonight! I am in the midst of last minute packing & preparations. My WH & sister (who is coming with us) have been talking about nothing else for about 2 weeks. As much as I am sure that I am going to enjoy Wicked I think I am more looking forward to getting away from home for the weekend & hopfully doing some actual exploring around the city.


Other than our Wicked tickets we have nothing planned, which could prove to be a bad thing or a good thing. Bad if all we do is stay at our hotel & do nothing, good if we just go out & go with the flow. Hoping that the later happens, fingers crossed!


I love visting the city, I like the atmosphere & the way things look. I don't know if I could live in the city (not enough breathing space for me) but I would visist every weekend if I could. I watch weekend shows that show you things that you can do in the city, whole streets of amazing stores, exciting activities & yummy looking food. That is what I want this weekend to be. Hopefully I am not building things up too much in my mind only to get very disappointed & not enjoy our weekend away at all.


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment